As of August 20, 2021 the City of Chicago requires masks be worn indoors (when not actively drinking). The city has NOT added any other rules to the mask mandate. Customers have asked if this means the Mayor is requiring us to return to seated table service/occupancy limits, and the answer is no.
This new rule is specific that everyone mask-up while inside and not actively drinking. Masks will be optional in our outside areas: the rooftop deck and the front patio.
As of Tuesday August 3, 2021, Sidetrack resumed requiring patrons show a valid photo ID and proof that you’ve been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or tested negative within the last three days to enter. This policy will continue until further notice.
Proof of being fully vaccinated is a physical vaccination card or a picture on your phone of your vaccination card or other electronic proof.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to new rules and policies for public safety.
Thank you for your continued support during this past year with the ever-changing rules and limitations that we were operating under. It’s GREAT to be BACK! Sidetrack is open Monday-Friday 3pm-2am, Saturday 1pm-3am, and Sunday 1pm-2am.
Over the years, Sidetrack has grown from one room with less than 1000 square feet to a collection of spaces spanning more than 8 storefronts and multiple levels that can host more than 1000 people at a time.
- 1982 Open for business with beer cases as seating. Signless.
- 1984 First expansion doubles the size. New, signless white tile facade.
- 1988 Open first version of BackBar.
- 1994 Open CherryBar overlooking MainBar. Small sign on Halsted Street. Facade includes a window for the first time.
- 1998 Remodel and expand BackBar.
- 1999 Open GlassBar and Courtyard…now everyone can see inside. A kiosk with the Sidetrack Logo is featured.
- 2001 Expand CherryBar with CherryLounge.
- 2004 Open Rooftop and DeckBar.
- 2007 Expand CherryLounge.
- 2009 Open SideBar with access to Courtyard.
- 2013 Remodel Entryway and MainBar.
- 2017 Install state-of-the-art HD Video System bar-wide.
- 2020 Remodel CherryLounge to become NorthBar.
Named the Most Popular Bar in Illinois by Buzzfeed.com, the Most Visited Bar in Chicago by LYFT, the Best Gay Bar in Chicago by TimeOut and the #1 Gay Bar in the U.S. by Yelp in 2021.
|Sidetrack is dedicated to providing entertainment and hospitality in a respectful, safe, and inclusive space for the LGBTQIA+ communities.
3349 North Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657
Visit these links to learn more about Chicago events and resources.