Over the years, Sidetrack has grown from one room with less than 1000 square feet to a collection of spaces spanning more than 8 storefronts and multiple levels that can host more than 1000 people at a time.
- 1982 Open for business with beer cases as seating. Signless.
- 1984 First expansion doubles the size. New, signless white tile facade.
- 1988 Open first version of BackBar.
- 1994 Open CherryBar overlooking MainBar. Small sign on Halsted Street. Facade includes a window for the first time.
- 1998 Remodel and expand BackBar.
- 1999 Open GlassBar and Courtyard…now everyone can see inside. A kiosk with the Sidetrack Logo is featured.
- 2001 Expand CherryBar with CherryLounge.
- 2004 Open Rooftop and DeckBar.
- 2007 Expand CherryLounge.
- 2009 Open SideBar with access to Courtyard.
- 2013 Remodel Entryway and MainBar.
- 2017 Install state-of-the-art HD Video System bar-wide.
- 2020 Remodel CherryLounge to become NorthBar.
- 2022 Celebrate our 40th Anniversary serving Chicago’s LGBTQIA+ Community.
Named the Most Popular Bar in Illinois by Buzzfeed.com, the Most Visited Bar in Chicago by LYFT, the Best Gay Bar in Chicago by TimeOut, the #1 Gay Bar in the U.S. by Yelp, and the #1 Nightclub in the Best of Gay Cities 2022 Awards.
|Sidetrack is dedicated to providing entertainment and hospitality in a respectful, safe, and inclusive space for the LGBTQIA+ communities.
3349 North Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657
Visit these links to learn more about Chicago events and resources.
Chicago LGBTQ Media Resources: