Per City and State Phase 4 Guidelines, we are back to Inside Seating (with reduced capacity) and we maintain seating in our Heated & Covered Outdoor seating areas. We now offer a limited Food Menu, including our cooked-to-order Pizzas. Our hours are 1pm-1am Saturday & Sunday and 3pm-1am Monday-Friday. Seating is first come, first serve – we do not take reservations.
Tables are spaced 6 feet apart, you must be seated with no more than 6 people per table. Everyone must wear face masks when not seated and must wear face masks at your table when you are not drinking or eating. You may not order from the Bar – drink orders will be taken and delivered at your table.
Over the years, Sidetrack has grown from one room with less than 1000 square feet to a collection of spaces spanning more than 8 storefronts and multiple levels that can host more than 1000 people at a time.
- 1982 Open for business with beer cases as seating. Signless.
- 1984 First expansion doubles the size. New, signless white tile facade.
- 1988 Open first version of BackBar.
- 1994 Open CherryBar overlooking MainBar. Small sign on Halsted Street. Facade includes a window for the first time.
- 1998 Remodel and expand BackBar.
- 1999 Open GlassBar and Courtyard…now everyone can see inside. A kiosk with the Sidetrack Logo is featured.
- 2001 Expand CherryBar with CherryLounge.
- 2004 Open Rooftop and DeckBar.
- 2007 Expand CherryLounge.
- 2009 Open SideBar with access to Courtyard.
- 2013 Remodel Entryway and MainBar.
- 2017 Install state-of-the-art HD Video System bar-wide.
- 2020 Remodel CherryLounge to become NorthBar.
Named the Most Popular Bar in Illinois by Buzzfeed.com, the Most Visited Bar in Chicago by LYFT, the Best Gay Bar in Chicago by TimeOut and one of the 50 Top Gay Bars in the US. Yelp, 2017.
|Sidetrack is dedicated to providing entertainment and hospitality in a respectful, safe, and inclusive space for the LGBTQA communities.
OPEN 3PM-1AM MON-FRI
3349 North Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657
Visit these links to learn more about Chicago events and resources.